- ADDITIONAL MENU
- SUPLEMENTARY FILES
- Journal History
Ethical Guidelines for Authors
Authors of articles intended for submission to AUAJ shall always remain aware that AUAJ detests fabrications plagiarism, unacceptable author contributions, citation manipulations, and concurrent and redundant submissions.
- Fabrication and Falsification of Data
- Making up data (or results), and recording or reporting them as genuine data (or results) is fabrication of data.
- Manipulating research materials, omitting, deleting, or suppressing of conflicting data without justification is falsification of data. This is a source of mistrust and disgrace to scientific community.
- Using another person’s ideas, language, graphs, pictures, results and experiments without giving credit to him or her is plagiarism.
- Copying even a single sentence from your own or another person’s work without citing that source is plagiarism.
- Unacceptable Author Contribution
- Including author(s) who have NOT contributed to the manuscript in a significant way is unacceptable author(s) contribution.
- Excluding author(s) who have contributed to the manuscript in a significant way is unacceptable author(s) contribution.
- Citation Manipulation
Citing irrelevant articles that do not contribute to content of manuscript is a kind of scientific misconduct. This is citation manipulation.
- Concurrent Submissions
Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal at the same time is concurrent submissions. It is a waste of time of editors and peer reviewers, and can damage the reputation of journals if same work is published in more than one journal.
- Redundant Publications
Publishing the same material more than once in the same or in a different journal is redundant publication.
- Responsibility and Accountability
- All author(s) whose names appear on the manuscript are equally responsible for the content of a submitted manuscript or published work.
- All author(s) whose names appear on the manuscript are equally accountable for the content of a submitted manuscript or published work.